Only three more days left in our week-long feature with Mundie Moms, in which we feature our favorite spoiler-y moments from City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.
And what I love so much about today’s favorite moment is that it so perfectly illustrates the way Clare is expanding the crossover between her two series: The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. And since Clockwork Angel is currently my favorite of all Cassie’s books, I loved every time we got little references to people, places or events that took place in that book.
But perhaps my favorite in all of CoFA came on pages 375-378, when Alec (feeling a little insecure in his relationship with Magnus), asks the vampire Camille about Will Herondale — whom Alec had really only learned about in passing.
Here’s a brief excerpt from this exchange:
“Who’s Will?” Alec said. The words came out abruptly, unexpectedly, and much to his horror.
“Will?” For a moment her face was blank; then it creased into a look of realization, and near amusement. “You heard my conversation with Magnus.”
“Some of it.” Alec exhaled carefully. “Will is dead, isn’t he? I mean, Magnus said it was a long time ago that he knew him …”
Today’s Code Word: CLOCKWORK
* Fill out the contest entry form here, using today’s code word.
* You may enter once PER DAY (no more) for a chance to win. (Please note: if you submit more than one entry per codeword, you will automatically be disqualified. You may enter once per day — that means one entry for every different code word.)
* Check back every day to see a new spoiler, and get a new code word.
* Be sure to head over to Mundie Moms for their code words, too, for even more chances to win!
* Prizes can only be mailed to the U.S.
** PLEASE NOTE: Only enter the codeword found at Novel Novice in this entry form. You MUST use Mundie Moms’s entry form for their code word.
Questions? Leave ’em in the comments & we’ll reply!