Yesterday we brought you Part I of our first ever Novel Novice Holiday Shopping Guide, featuring books for those who like paranormal romance, contemporary/realistic fiction and … vampires? Yup, we kinda thought vampires deserved an entire category of their own.
Today we’ve got historical fiction, dystopian thrillers and books that incorporate music into their stories.
Be sure to check back all week for great books for everyone on your shopping list!
If she/he likes …
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- Vixon (The Flappers) by Jillian Larkin (in stores Dec. 14)
- Annexed by Sharon Dogar (This would also make a great Hanukkah gift)
- Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen (there seems to be a new interest in the Roaring ’20s … )
- Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins (you know, in case there are three people on Earth who haven’t read this yet!)
- The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner
- Incarceron and Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
- Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness
- Matched by Ally Condie
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (these are also great for those who like zombies … or brains. Whatever.) And speaking of zombies …
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith (this is a mashup, so be careful when buying for classic lit purists!)