I’ve got an sneak peek at the moving new YA novel Scars Like Wings by Erin Stewart today for you, plus keep reading for your chance to win a finished copy!
[pdf-embedder url=”https://novelnovice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/210/2019/10/SCARS-LIKE-WINGS-excerpt.pdf” title=”SCARS LIKE WINGS excerpt”]
Relatable, heartbreaking, and real, this is a story of resilience–the perfect novel for readers of powerful contemporary fiction like Girl in Pieces and Every Last Word.
Before, I was a million things. Now I’m only one. The Burned Girl.
Ava Lee has lost everything there is to lose: Her parents. Her best friend. Her home. Even her face. She doesn’t need a mirror to know what she looks like–she can see her reflection in the eyes of everyone around her.
A year after the fire that destroyed her world, her aunt and uncle have decided she should go back to high school. Be “normal” again. Whatever that is. Ava knows better. There is no normal for someone like her. And forget making friends–no one wants to be seen with the Burned Girl, now or ever.
But when Ava meets a fellow survivor named Piper, she begins to feel like maybe she doesn’t have to face the nightmare alone. Sarcastic and blunt, Piper isn’t afraid to push Ava out of her comfort zone. Piper introduces Ava to Asad, a boy who loves theater just as much as she does, and slowly, Ava tries to create a life again. Yet Piper is fighting her own battle, and soon Ava must decide if she’s going to fade back into her scars . . . or let the people by her side help her fly.
“A heartfelt and unflinching look at the reality of being a burn survivor and at the scars we all carry. This book is for everyone, burned or not, who has ever searched for a light in the darkness.” –Stephanie Nielson, New York Times bestselling author of Heaven Is Here and a burn survivor
Available Now: Goodreads | Amazon | Kindle | Audible, B&N, iBooks, Kobo, TBD
Erin Stewart is the author of SCARS LIKE WINGS, her debut novel. Erin is a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern and a BYU undergraduate who works as a freelance writer and editor, as well as a weekly columnist in Salt Lake City.
Erin lives in Utah with her husband and three children. She is represented by the amazing Brianne Johnson of Writers House.
Website | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads
3 winners will receive a finished copy of SCARS LIKE WINGS, US Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 10/1/2019- Feed Your Fiction Addiction– Review
- 10/2/2019- BookHounds YA– Review
- 10/3/2019- Lifestyle of Me– Review
- 10/4/2019- Fictitious Fox– Review
- 10/7/2019- Fire and Ice – Review
- 10/8/2019- Moonlight Rendezvous– Review
- 10/9/2019- Fictitiouswonderland– Review
- 10/10/2019- Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers– Review
- 10/11/2019- Here’s to Happy Endings– Review
- 10/14/2019- Treestand Book Reviews– Review
- 10/15/2019- Smada’s Book Smack– Review
- 10/16/2019- Riddle’s Reviews– Review
- 10/17/2019- Jena Brown Writes– Review
- 10/18/2019- Book-Keeping– Review
- 10/21/2019- A Bookish Dream– Review
- 10/22/2019- Life Within The Pages– Review
- 10/23/2019- Portrait of a Book- Review
- 10/24/2019- The Pages In-Between– Review
- 10/25/2019- Paper Reader– Review
- 10/28/2019- Southern Girl Bookaholic– Review
- 10/29/2019- Do You Dog-ear?– Review
- 10/30/2019- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 10/31/2019- Two points of interest– Review
This book has been on my radar, I am excited to read it. I like how others try to push people to become “normal” when they haven’t walked the walk. We all carry our own scars but we all also decide how to wear them. Can’t wait to read this book! Thanks for the review.
This book sounds good!