The highly anticipated new addition to the His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers is nearly here — just a few more days to go! — but today, we’ve got a sneak peek at Courting Darkness (first in a NEW duology) for you, plus a fantastic giveaway that you do not want to miss.
Death wasn’t the end, it was only the beginning…
Sybella has always been the darkest of Death’s daughters, trained at the convent of Saint Mortain to serve as his justice. But she has a new mission now. In a desperate bid to keep her two youngest sisters safe from the family that nearly destroyed them all, she agrees to accompany the duchess to France, where they quickly find themselves surrounded by enemies. Their one ray of hope is Sybella’s fellow novitiates, disguised and hidden deep in the French court years ago by the convent—provided Sybella can find them.
Genevieve has been undercover for so many years, she struggles to remember who she is or what she’s supposed to be fighting for. Her only solace is a hidden prisoner who appears all but forgotten by his guards. When tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to take matters into her own hands—even if it means ignoring the long awaited orders from the convent.
As Sybella and Gen’s paths draw ever closer, the fate of everything they hold sacred rests on a knife’s edge. Will they find each other in time, or will their worlds collide, destroying everything they care about?
In Stores February 5th: Goodreads | Amazon | Audible | B&N | iBooks | TBD
See where it all began! Grab the His Fair Assassin Trilogy now! You don’t need to read these to read Courting Darkness but they’re amazing!
- Grave Mercy: Amazon | Audible | B&N | iBooks | TBD
- Dark Triumph: Amazon | Audible | B&N | iBooks | TBD
- Mortal Heart: Amazon | Audible | B&N | iBooks | TBD
Robin LaFevers was raised on a steady diet of fairy tales, Bulfinch’s mythology, and 19th century poetry. It is not surprising she grew up to be a hopeless romantic.
Though she has never trained as an assassin or joined a convent, she did attend Catholic school for three years, which instilled in her a deep fascination with sacred rituals and the concept of the Divine. She has been on a search for answers to life’s mysteries ever since.
While many of those answers still elude her, she was lucky enough to find her one true love, and is living happily ever after with him in the foothills of southern California.
In addition to writing about teen assassin nuns in medieval Brittany, she writes books for middle grade readers, including the Theodosia books and the Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist series. You can learn more about those books at http://www.rllafevers.com.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Goodreads
20 winners will receive His Fair Assassin character card sets, U.S. Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1/21/2018- The Pages In-Between– Review
- 1/22/2018- Fiction Fare– Review
- 1/23/2018- YA Books Central– Excerpt
- 1/24/2018- Two Chicks on Books– Excerpt
- 1/25/2018- Tales of the Ravenous Reader– Review
- 1/28/2019- Colorimetry– Review
- 1/29/2019- Here’s to Happy Endings– Review
- 1/30/2019- A Gingerly Review– Review
- 1/31/2019- Moonlight Rendezvous– Review
- 2/1/2019- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 2/4/2019- Lisa Loves Literature– Review
- 2/5/2019- Flyleaf Chronicles– Review
- 2/6/2019- Smada’s Book Smack– Review
- 2/7/2019- A Backwards Story– Review
- 2/8/2019- Jena Brown Writes– Review
- 2/11/2019- Nerdophiles– Review
- 2/12/2019- Book-Keeping– Review
- 2/13/2019- Eli to the nth– Review
- 2/14/2019- Do You Dog-ear?– Review
- 2/15/2019- Book Briefs– Review
Sounds like a good story of convent girls on a mission!
Thank goodness! We need more badass female characters!