Today, we’ve got a sneak peek at West by Edith Pattou, the highly-anticipated sequel to East & now available in stores. Keep reading to learn more & enter for your chance to win a copy of the book.
About Book 1: EAST (East #1)
Since the day she was born, it was clear she had a special fate. Her superstitious mother keeps the unusual circumstances of Rose’s birth a secret, hoping to prevent her adventurous daughter from leaving home… but she can’t suppress Rose’s true nature forever.
So when an enormous white bear shows up one cold autumn evening and asks teenage Rose to come away with it–in exchange for health and prosperity for her ailing family–she readily agrees.
Rose travels on the bear’s broad back to a distant and empty castle, where she is nightly joined by a mysterious stranger. In discovering his identity, she loses her heart– and finds her purpose–and realizes her journey has only just begun.
About Book 2: WEST (East #2)
When Rose first met Charles, he was trapped in the form of a white bear. To rescue him, Rose traveled to the land that lay east of the sun and west of the moon to defeat the evil Troll Queen. Now Rose has found her happily-ever-after with Charles—until a sudden storm destroys his ship and he is presumed dead. But Rose doesn’t believe the shipwreck was an act of nature, nor does she believe Charles is truly dead. Something much more sinister is at work. With mysterious and unstoppable forces threatening the lives of the people she loves, Rose must once again set off on a perilous journey. And this time, the fate of the entire world is at stake.
Edith Pattou is the author of Ghosting, a contemporary novel for young adults, told in free verse. She also wrote three award-winning fantasy novels for young adults – East, a retelling of the Norwegian folk tale “East of the Sun and West of the Moon,” and the two Songs of Eirren, Hero’s Song and Fire Arrow. She is also the author of the New York Times bestselling picture book, Mrs. Spitzer’s Garden.
She was born in Evanston, Illinois, grew up in Winnetka, and was a teenager in the city of Chicago where she attended Francis W. Parker School. She completed her B.A. at Scripps College in Claremont, California where she won the Crombie Allen Award for creative writing. She later completed a Masters degree in English Literature at Claremont Graduate School, followed by a Masters of Library and Information Science at UCLA.
She has worked for a medical association, a clothing boutique, a recording studio, the Playboy Foundation, a public television station, a school library, two public libraries, two advertising agencies, and two bookstores.
She has lived in Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Durham, NC, Cambridge, England, Stockholm, Sweden, and currently resides with her husband, Charles, in Columbus, Ohio.
3 Winners will receive a finished copy of WEST, US Only.
- 10/15/2018- Rhythmicbooktrovert– Review
- 10/16/2018- A Backwards Story– Interview
- 10/17/2018- Forever Lost in Literature– Review
- 10/18/2018- Mythical Books– Excerpt
- 10/19/2018- Patriotic Bookaholic– Excerpt
- 10/22/2018- Read. Eat. Love.– Review
- 10/23/2018- Dani Reviews Things– Excerpt
- 10/24/2018- Adventures and Reading– Review
- 10/25/2018- BookHounds YA– Interview
- 10/26/2018- Jena Brown Writes– Review
- 10/29/2018- Ace Reads– Excerpt
- 10/30/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 10/31/2018- All the Ups and Downs– Excerpt
- 11/1/2018- Rockin’ Book Reviews– Review
- 11/2/2018- Paws and Paperbacks– Review
- 11/5/2018- Smada’s Book Smack– Review
- 11/6/2018- if the book will be too difficult– Excerpt
- 11/7/2018- Vesper Dreams– Excerpt
- 11/8/2018- Oh Hey! Books.– Review
- 11/9/2018- Two Chicks on Books– Excerpt