Today, we’re hosting a stop on the official blog tour for the Zodiac by Romina Russell reread – in anticipation of the upcoming release of the 4th book in the series, Thirteen Rising, in stores August 29th. For today’s stop, we’ve got a new edition of Styled by Books inspired by the Zodiac series – plus your chance to win the first three books in the series! Keep reading for all the details and photos.
Choosing an outfit for this book series was a no-brainer with this galaxy-print, mixed media dress from eShakti. Yes – it has the look of a skirt & top, but it’s really one piece, which I particularly like – since I don’t have to try and make sure everything is tucked in. BONUS: the dress has pockets.
I added this long, star necklace for some extra celestial bedazzling … but I must confess, this necklace is many years old and I honestly can’t remember where I got it! Maybe Target? Either way, I am sure it is long gone by now – but here is a similar one from Etsy.
If you’ve seen my other Styled by Books photos, you’ve probably determined that I have a deep love of eShakti clothing. There are a couple reasons for this:
- Dresses. With. Pockets.
- Customizable options, like dress length, sleeves, neckline, etc.
- Sizing: eShakti offers sizes from 0-36, PLUS the option to have each garment sewn exactly to your measurements for only $9.95. (The customized styling options are also included in that price.) I ALWAYS opt for the custom sizing & styling option, because I know I will always get a garment that fits me perfectly.
- Cute styles & whimsical prints, as well as basics.
Browse lots of their celestial-inspired dresses here.
If you end up purchasing anything from eShakti, let them know who referred you – and tell me in the comments below!
As always, thanks to my patient husband for taking these photos.
What other books/series would you like to see get the Styled by Books treatment? Let me know!
Rhoma Grace is a 16-year-old student from House Cancer with an unusual way of reading the stars. While her classmates use measurements to make accurate astrological predictions, Rho can’t solve for ‘x’ to save her life—so instead, she looks up at the night sky and makes up stories.
When a violent blast strikes the moons of Cancer, sending its ocean planet off-kilter and killing thousands of citizens—including its beloved Guardian—Rho is more surprised than anyone when she is named the House’s new leader. But, a true Cancerian who loves her home fiercely and will protect her people no matter what, Rho accepts.
Then, when more Houses fall victim to freak weather catastrophes, Rho starts seeing a pattern in the stars. She suspects Ophiuchus—the exiled 13th Guardian of Zodiac legend—has returned to exact his revenge across the Galaxy. Now Rho—along with Hysan Dax, a young envoy from House Libra, and Mathias, her guide and a member of her Royal Guard—must travel through the Zodiac to warn the other Guardians.
But who will believe anything this young novice says? Whom can Rho trust in a universe defined by differences? And how can she convince twelve worlds to unite as one Zodiac?
Embark on a dazzling journey with ZODIAC, the first novel in an epic sci-fi-meets-high-fantasy series set in a galaxy inspired by the astrological signs.
- June 26 – Paper Trail YA – Spotlight
- June 26 – Live Love Read – Spotlight & Zodiac Magnets
- June 26 – Novel Knight – Spotlight
- June 27 – The Book Lounge
- June 28 – YA and Wine – Review & Wine
- June 29 – Life Within The Pages – Review
- June 29 – In Wonderland – Book Look
- June 30 – The Book Talk – Spotlight
- June 30 – The Heart of a Book Blogger – Mood Board
- July 3 – Picture Books to YA – Review & Zodiac Decor
- July 4 – The Hardcover Lover
- July 4 – Wandering Bark Books – Spotlight
- July 5 – The Eater of Books!
- July 5 – Teacher of YA
- July 6 – The Hermit Librarian – Review & Zodiac Playlist
- July 6 – Swoony Boys Podcast – Review & Book Look
- July 7 – Mundie Moms
- July 8 – Quirky and Peculiar – Spotlight
- July 10 – A Perfection Called Books – Cancer Mood Board
- July 10 – The Biblio Life – Spotlight
- July 10 – The Book Vortex – Spotlight
- July 11 – Fly Leaf Chronicles – Review
- July 11 – The Book Nut – Reading Habits By Your Zodiac
- July 11 – Novel Novice – Styled By Books
- July 12 – Resch Reads and Reviews – Zodiac Inspired Makeup Look
- July 13 – Four Violet
- July 13 – Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile – Zodiac Inspired Snacks
- July 14 – The Blonde Bookworm
- July 15 – The Book’s Buzz – Zodiac & Galaxy Nail Art