I was recently tagged by Books for the Living to participate in the Mystery Blogger Awards, and I couldn’t resist such a fun opportunity.
- Once you’re tagged, add the award image to your blog
- List these rules
- Thank whoever nominated you & link to their blog
- Also mention & link to the creator of the award/tag (that would be Okoto Enigma)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 other bloggers & notify them by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions; try to include one weird or funny question
- Answer the questions YOU’VE been asked
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So here we go …
Three Things About Me
- I am nerdy about many things, not just books. My other nerdy obsessions include Disney and Disney theme parks, The X-Files, Marvel superhero movies, NASA, and Indiana Jones. (I am also nerdy about Harry Potter and Sherlock, but I like to think those fall under the “bookish” category.) My husband & I have a room in our house we’ve even dubbed “The Nerd Cave.”
- My husband proposed in a book store.
- I am naturally a dirty blonde, but I’ve been dying my hair various shades of red since I was 14! So I’ve essentially been a “redhead” for over half my life. I’ve been rocking this extreme Ariel-esque shade for going on six years now.
5 Questions from Books for the Living
What is one of your favorite book covers? Share a picture!
Just one? Here are some of my favorites that come immediately to mind, though I am certain there are many more:
At least two of these books were redesigned for paperback release (White Cat and Where Things Come Back), but I am still hopelessly in love with their original covers.
What book were you surprised by? It could be one that had a major plot twist, or one you thought you’d love but didn’t, or vice-versa.
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma totally blew me away and kept me on my toes all the way to the surprise ending.
What is your favorite book, or recently read favorite? What about it makes it a favorite?
So this is basically my all-time top 5 favorite book list:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
These are the books that have made significant impacts on my life, and have stuck with my for many years.
If you could have lunch with any author, whom would it be and where would you go?
It would be Brie Spangler, author of Beast. Brie is my BFF, and we used to lunch and brunch together often until she moved away last year – and I don’t care where we went, as long as we could have good food, good drinks, and spend time together. I miss her.
Paperback or eBook? Why?
Anything but an e-book. I am not a fan of digital books; I have no problem with them as an option – but it just isn’t a reading style that works for me. I need a physical book in front of me.
Tag, You’re It!
These are the bloggers I’m tagging to join in:
- Ali at Dazzled by Books
- Katie at Mundie Moms
- Jaime at Two Chicks on Books
- Christy & Nancy at Tales of a Ravenous Reader
- Allison at The Book Wheel
- Hafsah at Icey Books
- Stacie at Adventures of a Book Junkee
- Heidi at YA Bibliophile
5 Questions for the Bloggers Listed Above:
- Which author is an auto-buy author for you? Whose books will you buy just because they wrote it?
- What sub-genre do you absolutely adore? (For example, I am a sucker for crime families/organized crime in YA lit.)
- How did you get your blog name?
- What is your social media of choice & why?
- What’s the best book-related thing that’s ever happened to you?
Most Liked Post:
Our list of study questions for The Hunger Games is, hands down, the most popular post here at Novel Novice.
Leave a Reply