As November comes to a close, it’s time for us to take a look back at the best of our Book of the Month feature on Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi:
For this months writing contest, we asked you to try your hand at the stream of consciousness writing style. One winner will get a copy of Shatter Me! See complete rules & details before entering … you have until midnight (PT) tonight!
Shatter Me Gets Educational
We show you lots of ways to incorporate this hot new YA into the classroom. Our ideas work whether you’re a student looking for ideas, or teachers wanting to freshen up your lesson plans!
- Shatter Me: Dystopian Lit 101
- Shatter Me & how it relates to George Orwell’s 1984
- Stream of Consciousness
- The History of Book Burning
- Socio-Environmental issues in Shatter Me
- Essay & Project Ideas
Beyond the Book
Go beyond the text with inside peeks at the book, character profiles, and some desktop wallpapers!
- Shatter Me: Chapter Sampler & Book Trailer
- Shatter Me Character Profile: Juliette
- Shatter Me Character Profile: Adam
- Shatter Me Character Profile: Warner
- Shatter Me Desktop Wallpapers
More with Author Tahereh Mafi
We ask Tahereh Mafi the probing questions, the serious questions, and the ridiculously silly questions! Lucky for us, she answers them all!
- Exclusive Q&A with Tahereh Mafi: Part 1
- Exclusive Q&A with Tahereh Mafi: Part 2
- Exclusive Q&A with Tahereh Mafi: Part 3
- Exclusive Q&A with Tahereh Mafi: Flash Questions
For the comments: What were your favorite parts of this month’s features?