* * *
1. Briefly tell us about a time when you got “dumped” by a friend when she got a boyfriend. How did it work out?
2. Keeping it rated PG (please!), tell us the craziest/most extreme thing you’ve ever done to get a guy’s attention (or keep it). Was it worth it?
3. Would you ever swear off dating for the rest of high school/college? How do you think it would play out?
4. Have you ever been cheated on like Penny? What did you do to get over it?
Three winners will each receive a free copy of The Lonely Hearts Club that is signed & personalized by author Elizabeth Eulberg!
Honorable mentions/runners-up will receive a set of Novel Novice bookmarks.
Entries are due by midnight (PST) on Wednesday, March 31st.
E-mail your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Write a short scene in which two unlikely literary heroes meet or fall in love for the first time (Think Edward Cullen meets Tess of the D’Ubervilles, or Clary from The Mortal Instruments meets Mr. Darcy. Get creative!)
* Keep it 500 words or less!
* YES, spelling & grammar count — so proofread!
* E-mail your entries to email@example.com
* Entries are due by midnight (PST) on Sunday, March 28th.
* The best entries will be posted on Novel Novice, and U.S. winners will receive a set of Novel Novice bookmarks!
* * *
Write a scene from Eclipse from the point-of-view of a character other than Bella.
All entries are due by11:59PM (PST) on Friday, April 30.
Winners will receive a prize pack of Twilight Saga goodies, including trading cards & a pen. Winners will also get a graphic banner to post with their stories, and the winning stories will be featured on Novel Novice Twilight.
E-mail all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Okay, so no prizes here … but if you want help getting your creative juices flowing, check out our writing prompt inspired by Alice in Wonderland:
- Write a prose poem …
- Use a character from – or inspired by – Alice in Wonderland …
- Include at least two portmanteaus in the poem …
- Include at least one ellipses …
- Consider including some dialog between characters …
- Incorporate lines from Alice in Wonderland or another poem …
See more on the Alice in Wonderland Creative Writing Prompt page — and get more ideas from past Creative Writing Prompts.
* * *