Get a sneak peek today at the fun new middle grade book Sam Saves the Night by Shari Simpson on today’s blog tour stop, plus keep reading for your chance to win a copy!
[pdf-embedder url=”https://novelnovice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/210/2019/10/Sam-Saves-the-Night-page-17-20.pdf” title=”Sam Saves the Night page 17 – 20″]
Thirteen-year-old Sam has no friends, but you can’t really blame her. She lives her life in a state of chronic exhaustion thanks to her nightly sleepwalking jaunts, which include trips to the store, treehouse-building projects, and breaking-and-entering escapades-none of which she remembers in the morning. Her condition is taking its toll on her family (and her life), so when her mom takes her to see a wacky strip-mall sleep specialist, Sam is wary, but 100 percent in.
The night after the doc works his mojo, Sam wakes up outside her body, watching herself sleep. FREAKY! But once she gets over the panic attack, she realizes there’s a whole world of detached-souls out there, called SleepWakers-cliques of kids like the Achieves, who use their sleep time to learn new things; the Numbs, who eat junk food and play video games all night long, and the OCDeeds who search for missing things and organize other people’s stuff. And then there are the Mean Dreams, led by Madalynn Sucret, the nicest girl in Sam’s school, who shows Sam that she can use her power to get back at a bully who’s been tormenting her. Sam is intrigued-until it becomes clear that Madalynn is the real bully and the “tormentor” is just, well… sad. Now Sam is faced with uniting the various tribes of SleepWakers to fight back against Madalynn and the Mean Dreams in the most epic battle the night has ever seen.
Shari Simpson is a playwright and screenwriter who cowrote the off-Broadway hit Maybe Baby, It’s You and the Disney Channel Original Movie The Swap, both with her longtime writing partner, Charlie Shahnaian. She also won the 2012 BlogHer Voice of the Year for Humor Writing. Shari lives in Hoboken, NJ, with a patient husband, two hilarious teenagers, a demonic cat, and her pug, Mila Kunis. This is her first novel.
- 10/1/2019- Cindy’s Love of Books– Excerpt
- 10/2/2019- Portrait of a Book– Review
- 10/3/2019- Moonlight Rendezvous– Review
- 10/4/2019- BookHounds YA– Excerpt
- 10/7/2019- Struck by Stories– Review
- 10/8/2019- Twirling Book Princess– Excerpt
- 10/9/2019- Shortcake_bibliophage– Excerpt
- 10/10/2019- Love, Stars and Books– Review
- 10/11/2019- Dazzled by Books– Review
- 10/14/2019- YA Book Nerd– Review
- 10/15/2019- Life Within The Pages– Review
- 10/16/2019- fictitious.fox– Review
- 10/17/2019- Fyrekatz Blog– Review
- 10/18/2019- The Try Everything– Excerpt
- 10/21/2019- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 10/22/2019- Nerdophiles– Review
- 10/23/2019- Southern Girl Bookaholic– Review
- 10/24/2019- Two points of interest– Review
- 10/25/2019- Little Red Reads– Review