Today, we’ve got a sneak peek at What We Do For Love by Anne Pfeffer — a new book about love and family, with a touch of thriller. Read on for an excerpt, and your chance to win an Amazon gift card (open internationally).
[pdf-embedder url=”https://novelnovice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/210/2019/05/What-We-Do-For-Love-Chapter-1.pdf” title=”What We Do For Love – Chapter 1″]
Thirty-eight-year-old Nicole Adams has given up on finding love. The single mother focuses on the two things she cherishes most—her sixteen-year-old son Justin and her art—while relying on the support of her friends Mike and Jamie and her loyal sister Caroline.
When she convinces a prominent Los Angeles museum to feature a large-scale installation of her ceramics work, she thinks her life has finally turned a corner.
Then Justin brings a girl, Daniela, home to spend the night. Daniela’s angry parents have thrown her out of the house because she’s pregnant with Justin’s child. Shattered, Nicole takes Daniela in and by doing so is drawn into the inner circle of Daniela’s family and a frightening world of deceit and violence.
Nicole struggles to keep life going as normal. Forced to deal with people she doesn’t trust or like, fearful for the future of both her son and the grandchild they’re expecting, Nicole wonders if she can do what she tells Justin to do: always have faith in yourself and do the right thing.
What We Do for Love: A Novel is a standalone story written by award-winning author Anne Pfeffer.
Award-winning novelist Anne Pfeffer grew up in Phoenix, Arizona reading prodigiously, riding horses, and avoiding rattlesnakes and scorpions. After living in Chicago and New York, she escaped back to the land of sunshine in Los Angeles. She has worked in banking and as a pro bono attorney, representing abandoned children in adoption and guardianship proceedings. Anne has a daughter living in New York and is the author of four books in the YA/New Adult genres.
- 5/6/2019- Jena Brown Writes– Review
- 5/6/2019- Lone Tree Reviews– Review
- 5/7/2019- BookHounds– Excerpt
- 5/7/2019- Rainy Day Reviews– Excerpt
- 5/8/2019- Life With No Plot– Review
- 5/8/2019- Lisa-Queen of Random– Spotlight
- 5/9/2019- KayBee’s Bookshelf, A Literary Blog– Review
- 5/9/2019- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 5/10/2019- Lifestyle Of Me– Review
- 5/10/2019- A Dream Within A Dream– Excerpt
- 5/13/2019- the suburban lifestyle– Review
- 5/13/2019- Wonder Struck– Review
- 5/14/2019- Tyto Forest– Spotlight
- 5/14/2019- Colorimetry– Excerpt
- 5/15/2019- Lisa Loves Literature– Spotlight
- 5/15/2019- Daily Waffle – Spotlight
- 5/16/2019- Books A-Brewin’– Excerpt
- 5/16/2019- Two Chicks on Books– Excerpt
- 5/17/2019- Jaime’s World– Excerpt
- 5/17/2019- Parajunkee– Spotlight