Today, we’re featuring a funny new middle grade book to help kick-off the official blog tour for One-Third Nerd by Gennifer Choldenko. Keep reading to learn more & enter to win a copy of the book.
A funny, fast-paced, and heartfelt story from the Newbery Honor-winning author of the Al Capone series.
Fifth grade is not for amateurs, according to Liam. Luckily, he knows that being more than one-third nerd is not cool. Liam lives in the Bay area near San Francisco with his mom and two younger sisters. Dakota is fascinated by science and has a big personality but struggles to make friends; Izzy, a child with Down syndrome, makes friends easily and notices things that go past everyone else. Dad lives across town, but he’s over a lot. And then there’s Cupcake, their lovable German shepherd, who guards their basement apartment.
Recently, Cupcake has a problem–she’s peeing in the house. The kids need to make enough money to take her to the vet before their landlord upstairs finds out. And Mom and Dad have said if Cupcake doesn’t stop, they will find her a new home. But the kids will never let Cupcake go. Can they save her?
In Stores January 29th: Goodreads | Amazon | Audible | B&N | iBooks | TBD
Choldenko is best known for her Tales from Alcatraz series, which has sold more than 2 million copies. Book #1: Al Capone Does My Shirts was a Newbery Honor Book and the recipient of twenty other awards. Book #4: Al Capone Throws Me a Curve is due out in 2018. BookPage said of her most recent novel, Chasing Secrets: “Choldenko’s ability to research obscure yet intriguing topics is uncanny, and as she did with the popular Al Capone trilogy she turns a tough topic into a high interest read … a compelling work of historical fiction.” Gennifer lives with her loyal husband and naughty dog in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Website | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads
3 winners will receive a finished copy of ONE-THIRD NERD, U.S. Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1/21/2018- Savings in Seconds– Review
- 1/21/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 1/22/2018- Twirling Book Princess– Review
- 1/22/2018- FUONLYKNEW– Spotlight
- 1/23/2018- Miss Magee’s Reads – Review
- 1/23/2018- Little Red Reads– Excerpt
- 1/24/2018- Character Madness and Musings– Excerpt
- 1/24/2018- Here’s to Happy Endings– Review
- 1/25/2018- Dazzled by Books– Excerpt
- 1/25/2018- Rhythmicbooktrovert– Review
- 1/28/2019- BookHounds YA– Review
- 1/28/2019- Ogitchida Kwe’s Book Blog– Excerpt
- 1/29/2019- Feed Your Fiction Addiction– Review
- 1/29/2019- Wonder Struck– Review
- 1/30/2019- Nerdophiles– Review
- 1/30/2019- Texan Holly Reads– Review
- 1/31/2019- Such A Novel Idea– Review
- 1/31/2019- For the Love of KidLit– Interview
- 2/1/2019- Owl Always Be Reading– Excerpt
- 2/1/2019- Two Points of Interest– Review
I’m not sure I could live with a German shepherd, but “funny and fast-paced” sounds good!
This is one of my favorite authors! This book sounds so much fun with the nerdiness and German Shepherd too.