Today we’ve got a sneak peek at the first two books in an exciting new paranormal series. We’ve got a sneak peek at the first book for you below, then keep reading to learn more & enter to win an Amazon gift card (international).
Tanzy Hightower is not crazy. At least, that’s what she tells herself. Crazy looks more like her mother, who studies each sunrise with the same fascination other women give tabloid magazines in the grocery store checkout line. Crazy sounds like the woman on the radio claiming there’s a whole separate world existing parallel to our own. Still, Tanzy can’t deny the tingle of recognition she feels each time she sees her mother standing at the kitchen window, or hears the panic in the woman’s voice coming through the speakers of her father’s truck.
Tanzy intends to follow her father’s footsteps into the professional horse world. But the moment she watches him die on the back of a horse in an accident she feels responsible for, everything changes.
On the first anniversary of his death, a fight with her mother drives her back to her father’s farm in the middle of a stormy night. Neither Tanzy nor life as she knows it escapes unchanged when she is struck by lightning and introduced to a world… unseen, and receives proof her father’s death was no accident.
Two strangers seem too willing to help her navigate her new reality: Vanessa Andrews, a psychiatrist who believes lightning chooses who it strikes, and Lucas, a quiet, scarred stable hand with timing that borders on either perfect or suspect. But Tanzy has secrets of her own. Desperate for answers and revenge, Tanzy must put her faith in their hands as her past comes calling, and her father’s killer closes in.
WINDSWEPT (The Hightower Trilogy Book #2)
Tanzy’s journey continues in Windswept, the second installment of the Hightower Trilogy… An Unseen World believes Tanzy Hightower is the key in an ancient prophecy meant to deliver the only new birth in all of time. They have waited a thousand years for her soul to return to life in human form. Some of them will stop at nothing to fulfill the prophecy, and others have sworn an oath to end Tanzy’s existence, permanently. Tanzy’s body is compromised. Her veins are now home to the blood of a savage, wild horse, and its instincts are becoming impossible to control. Her world is also divided. She is determined to rescue Lucas, an Unseen creature who has loved her since her first life, and to find her treasured Harbor and the other stolen horses, which are bound for a catastrophic end in a world she can’t access on her own. Yet the only allies she has left insist she seeks refuge in a remote safe house on the Outer Banks. While her fellow candidates beg her to stay in hiding, new enemies work to draw her out, making it clear Lucas and the horses are hers for the taking. But Tanzy knows all to well that when your loved ones are used as bait, finding them is only the beginning.
I wrote my first book in seventh grade, filling one hundred and four pages of a black and white Mead notebook. Back then I lived for two things: horses and R.L. Stine books. Fast forward nearly twenty years, and I still work with horses, and hoard books like most women my age collect shoes. It’s amazing how much changes… and how much stays the same.
The dream of publishing a novel has hitch-hiked with me down every other path I’ve taken (and there have been many.) Waitress, farm manager, road manager, bank teller, speech writer, retail, and more. But that need to bring pen to paper refused to quiet. Finally, in 2009, I sat down, pulled out a brand new notebook, and once again let the pictures in my head become words on paper.
As a child, my grandfather would sit me in his lap and weave tales about the Cherokee nation, and a girl who belonged with horses. His words painted a whole new world, and my mind would take flight. My hope – my dream – is that Tanzy’s journey does the same for you.
- 11/12/2018- Here is what I read blog– Excerpt
- 11/13/2018- Mythical Books– Excerpt
- 11/14/2018- lori’s little house of reviews– Review
- 11/15/2018- Lifestyle Of Me– Review
- 11/16/2018- Rhythmicbooktrovert– Review
- 11/19/2018- Adventures Thru Wonderland– Review
- 11/20/2018- Whatever You Can Still Betray– Excerpt
- 11/21/2018- BookHounds YA– Interview
- 11/22/2018- Graced with Books– Excerpt
- 11/23/2018- Texan Holly Reads– Excerpt
- 11/26/2018- PopTheButterfly Reads– Review
- 11/27/2018- Daily Waffle– Spotlight
- 11/28/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 11/29/2018- The Book Bratz– Interview
- 11/30/2018- Character Madness and Musing– Excerpt
- 12/3/2018- Dorky Girl and Skeletor– Spotlight
- 12/4/2018- Viviana MacKade– Excerpt
- 12/5/2018- Smada’s Book Smack– Review
- 12/6/2018- Parajunkee– Excerpt
- 12/7/2018- Sincerely Karen Jo Blog– Excerpt
- 12/10/2018- Good Choice Reading– Excerpt
- 12/11/2018- Oh Hey! Books.– Interview
- 12/12/2018- Two Chicks on Books– Excerpt
- 12/13/2018- Two points of interest– Excerpt
- 12/14/2018- D Books and Reviews– Review