Today, we have a sneak peek at the newly-released YA novel, How She Died, How I Lived by Mary Crockett. This one intrigues me so much & promises to be super chilling. Read an excerpt below, then keep scrolling for more about the book + your chance to win a copy of the book!
On the eve of Kyle’s sentencing a year after Jamie’s death, all the other “chosen ones” are coping in various ways. But our tenacious narrator is full of anger, stuck somewhere between the horrifying past and the unknown future as she tries to piece together why she gets to live, while Jamie is dead.
Now she finds herself drawn to Charlie, Jamie’s boyfriend–knowing all the while that their relationship will always be haunted by what-ifs and why-nots. Is hope possible in the face of such violence? Is forgiveness? How do you go on living when you know it could have been you instead?
A native of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Mary grew up as the youngest of six children in a family of misfits. She has worked as everything from a history museum director to a toilet seat hand model.
In her other life, she’s an award-winning poet and teaches creative writing at Roanoke College in Virginia.
If you tweet at her, chances are she will tweet back.
- 11/12/2018- Here’s to Happy Endings– Review
- 11/13/2018- A Dream Within A Dream– Review
- 11/14/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 11/15/2018- Bri’s Book Nook– Review
- 11/16/2018- Pretty Deadly Reviews– Review
- 11/19/2018- The Desert Bibliophile– Review
- 11/20/2018- Lifestyle of Me– Review
- 11/21/2018- Moonlight Rendezvous– Review
- 11/22/2018- Savings in Seconds– Review
- 11/23/2018- Cindy’s Love of Books– Review