Today we have a sneak peek at the new book from author Deb Caletti, A Heart in a Body in the World — plus keep reading for your chance to win a copy of this book!
[pdf-embedder url=”https://novelnovice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/210/2018/10/A-Heart-in-a-Body-Chapter-1.pdf” title=”A Heart in a Body – Chapter 1″]
So that’s what Annabelle does—she runs from Seattle to Washington, DC, through mountain passes and suburban landscapes, from long lonely roads to college towns. She’s not ready to think about the why yet, just the how—muscles burning, heart pumping, feet pounding the earth. But no matter how hard she tries, she can’t outrun the tragedy from the past year, or the person—The Taker—that haunts her.
Followed by Grandpa Ed in his RV and backed by her brother and two friends (her self-appointed publicity team), Annabelle becomes a reluctant activist as people connect her journey to the trauma from her past. Her cross-country run gains media attention and she is cheered on as she crosses state borders, and is even thrown a block party and given gifts. The support would be nice, if Annabelle could escape the guilt and the shame from what happened back home. They say it isn’t her fault, but she can’t feel the truth of that.
Through welcome and unwelcome distractions, she just keeps running, to the destination that awaits her. There, she’ll finally face what lies behind her—the miles and love and loss…and what is to come.
Deb Caletti is an award-winning author and National Book Award finalist. Her many books for young adults include The Nature of Jade, Stay, The Last Forever, Essential Maps for the Lost, and Honey, Baby Sweetheart, winner of the Washington State Book award, the PNBA Best Book Award, and a finalist for the California Young Reader Medal and the PEN USA Award. Her books for adults include He’s Gone, The Secrets She Keeps, and her most recent release, What’s Become of Her.
Deb grew up in the San Francisco Bay area, and now lives with her family in Seattle.
- 9/17/2018- Novel Ink– Interview
- 9/18/2018- BookHounds YA– Review
- 9/19/2018- Moonlight Rendezvous– Review
- 9/20/2018- What A Nerd Girl Says– Review
- 9/21/2018- Here’s to Happy Endings– Review
- 9/24/2018- The Pages In-Between– Review
- 9/25/2018- Books Coffee and Repeat– Review
- 9/26/2018- Patriotic Bookaholic– Review
- 9/27/2018- Book-Keeping– Review
- 9/28/2018- Do You Dog-ear?– Review
- 10/1/2018- Cindy’s Love of Books– Review
- 10/2/2018- A Gingerly Review– Review
- 10/3/2018- Utopia State of Mind– Review
- 10/4/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 10/5/2018- Stuck in Books– Review