Today we’ve got a sneak peek at Chloe Shipton & the Quill of LeFay by Lynn Veevers for you — plus keep reading for your chance to win an Amazon gift card (open internationally)!
When fifteen-year-old Chloe mysteriously disappears, the rumors at Grammaire Hall point to murder, but spiritual entrapment isn’t the same as dead. In a library that’s believed to be nothing more than a myth, Chloe’s spirit is separated from her body after witnessing another student’s murder. Try as she may she can’t remember what happened to her before she woke up as a spirit in the campus graveyard. As Chloe uncovers clues leading to the mythical library’s location and her body, a secret the Magical Parliament doesn’t want to get out, starts to unravel. Rogue sorcerers have infiltrated the school, intent on reinstating the Third Edict, and sorcery students are dying because of it. Destroyed long ago for horrific crimes against humanity, the return of the Third Edict would spell disaster for both magical and magicless societies. To prevent her own demise and the fulfillment of the Third Edict’s return, Chloe must find a way to reunite body and soul without giving the rogue sorcerers the weapon they need to succeed, a weapon only Chloe can activate.
Lynn Veevers is originally from Washington State. With her mother being from Christchurch, New Zealand and her father being a well-traveled retired Navy Chief, Lynn has always had a fascination with different cultures around the world. An avid reader, she prefers books that take her to a place she’s never been and teach her something new at the same time. The Young Adult Genre is her absolute favorite to read, so it comes as no surprise that it is also her favorite to write. Lynn, on average, pens two to three novels a year with the sequel to Pinnacle in the publishing process now!
Today Lynn lives with her husband and kids in Southeast Oklahoma. Her young adult and adolescent children are supportive and avid beta readers of her work and give her a straightforward and honest point of view about how authentic her characters voices and personalities are for their age group. What better reference than someone close to the same age as the main character. Her kids always have and always will be her greatest inspiration.
- 6/11/2018- Smada’s Book Smack– Excerpt
- 6/12/2018- Mythical Books– Interview
- 6/13/2018- K.L. Knovitzke – Author– Excerpt
- 6/14/2018- BookHounds YA– Guest Post
- 6/15/2018- Hauntedbybooks– Guest Post
- 6/18/2018- The Desert Bibliophile– Review
- 6/19/2018- What the Cat Read– Review
- 6/20/2018- Tales of the Ravenous Reader– Guest Post
- 6/21/2018- Writer of Wrongs– Review
- 6/22/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 6/25/2018- Here’s to Happy Endings– Excerpt
- 6/26/2018- Parajunkee– Excerpt
- 6/27/2018- Two Chicks on Books– Interview
- 6/28/2018- Jaime’s World– Spotlight
- 7/2/2018- Lisa Loves Literature– Interview
- 7/3/2018- RhythmicBooktrovert– Spotlight
- 7/4/2018- A Court of Coffee and Books– Interview
- 7/5/2018- A Readers Life– Review
- 7/6/2018- FUONLYKNEW– Excerpt