We’re celebrating this week’s release of The Archivist today with a guest post from author Christy Sloat about where she writes, plus your chance to win a copy of the book! (And be sure to check out the rest of the blog tour, linked below, for more chances to win).
I don’t have the typical ‘office’ most authors do. We just do not have the room in our small house for one. So, I do a lot of my writing on my couch with my trust old Dell laptop. I’ve written ten books on it and so far it’s still running. (Fingers crossed)
I like to cozy up on my loveseat and snuggle with my Chihuahua, Sophie. I listen to music to drown out the sounds of my house while I create. Someday I hope to have a full office, but for now, this works.
Savannah Preston has a rare and precious gift: The ability to time travel through books. She, and others who share this unique ability, are faced with the insurmountable task of preserving history. They are known collectively as The Librarians.
While researching infamous Scottish outlaw Sir Malcolm Wash during the raging conflicts of the 14th Century, Savannah loses the only thing that tethers her to her own time. She must rely on her knowledge of both the present and the past to survive long enough to find a way home. Along the way, she enlists the help of a misfit named Eoin. With his guidance, she might just get home. It’s a risky and dangerous adventure, but then, so is Eoin…
About The Librarian:
Emme never meant to stay in Maine. She’d come only to find a librarian for her Gram’s library, a custodian for the collection of mysterious books she’d promised to protect. On a dark, wintery night, alone in the library, she takes her first glance into one of the antique novels and finds herself transported to 1892 England staring into the eyes of handsome and dashing hero Jack Ridgewell. As each chapter passes she learns you can truly fall in love with a character in a book, that book boyfriends are real and Emme must choose between the real world, and his.
When the last page is read he’s gone and Emme feels the cold loneliness of lost love. Will she find Jack again, or will their love be forever lost? The answer lies within the pages…
I am Southern California native, now living in New Jersey! How did that happen? I am married and have two beautiful little girls who love to read just like Mommy. I have had a passion for books since I was a little girl and an imagination for just as long. I hope my books can inspire others to read and to write too.
1 winner will receive a signed finished copy of THE ARCHIVIST, US Only.
- 5/21/2018- The Young Girl Who Loved Books– Review
- 5/21/2018- The Cozy Reading Corner– Guest Post
- 5/22/2018- Reading Is My SuperPower– Review
- 5/22/2018- BookHounds YA– Interview
- 5/23/2018- Never Too Many To Read– Review
- 5/23/2018- Two Chicks on Books– Excerpt
- 5/24/2018- Wonder Struck– Review
- 5/24/2018- Sincerely Karen Jo– Excerpt
- 5/25/2018- Fire and Ice– Review
- 5/25/2018- TMBA Corbett Tries to Write– Interview
- 5/28/2018- To Be Read– Review
- 5/28/2018- Owl Always Be Reading– Excerpt
- 5/29/2018- Books of Teacups– Review
- 5/29/2018- Novel Novice– Guest Post
- 5/30/2018- Book-o-Craze– Review
- 5/30/2018- Parajunkee– Excerpt
- 5/31/2018- Bookish Lifestyle– Interview
- 5/31/2018- RhythmicBooktrovert– Review
- 6/1/2018- Bluestocking Bookworm- Review
- 6/1/2018- Paperback Princess– Excerpt