The Dark Knight has arrived on YA shelves everywhere with Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu, the latest in the DC Icons series that re-imagines classic DC superheroes in their teenage years – written by some of today’s biggest YA authors. This latest installment is in stores now, but in case you’re still curious, we’ve got a sneak peek for you with an exclusive excerpt – plus keep reading to learn more, and enter to win a copy of the book!
[pdf-embedder url=”https://novelnovice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/210/2018/01/Batman-Excerpt.pdf” title=”Batman Excerpt”]
The Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne is next on their list.
One by one, the city’s elites are being executed as their mansions’ security systems turn against them, trapping them like prey. Meanwhile, Bruce is turning eighteen and about to inherit his family’s fortune, not to mention the keys to Wayne Enterprises and all the tech gadgetry his heart could ever desire. But after a run-in with the police, he’s forced to do community service at Arkham Asylum, the infamous prison that holds the city’s most brutal criminals.
Madeleine Wallace is a brilliant killer . . . and Bruce’s only hope.
In Arkham, Bruce meets Madeleine, a brilliant girl with ties to the Nightwalkers. What is she hiding? And why will she speak only to Bruce? Madeleine is the mystery Bruce must unravel. But is he getting her to divulge her secrets, or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees? Bruce will walk the dark line between trust and betrayal as the Nightwalkers circle closer.
Marie Lu is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Legend trilogy and The Young Elites trilogy. She graduated from the University of Southern California and jumped into the video game industry, working for Disney Interactive Studios as a Flash artist. Now a full-time writer, she spends her spare time reading, drawing, playing Assassin’s Creed, and getting stuck in traffic. She lives in Los Angeles, California (see above: traffic), with one husband, one Chihuahua mix, and two Pembroke Welsh corgis.
- 1/1/2018- Pen and Parchment– Review
- 1/2/2018- Margie’s Must Reads– Review
- 1/3/2018- YA Book Nerd– Review
- 1/4/2018- Mary Had a Little Book Blog– Review
- 1/5/2018- A Gingerly Review– Review
- 1/8/2018- YA Bibliophile– Review
- 1/9/2018- Here’s to Happy Endings– Review
- 1/10/2018- The Young Folks– Review
- 1/11/2018- The Book Nut– Review
- 1/12/2018- The Wanderlust Reader– Review
- 1/15/2018- Tales of the Ravenous Reader– Excerpt
- 1/16/2018- a GREAT read– Review
- 1/17/2018- BookHounds YA– Review
- 1/18/2018- Icey Books– Review
- 1/19/2018- Ex Libris– Review
- 1/22/2018- Brittany’s Book Rambles– Excerpt
- 1/23/2018- Seeing Double In Neverland– Review
- 1/24/2018- Brooke- Reports– Review
- 1/25/2018- Nerdophiles- Review
- 1/26/2018- Novel Novice– Excerpt