We’ve got a sneak peek today at Plains of Sand & Steel by Alisha Klapheke, the second standalone book in the Uncommon World series. Plus, keep reading to learn more about the series & enter to win some amazing prizes! (This contest is INTERNATIONAL!)
[pdf-embedder url=”https://novelnovice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/210/2017/06/Plains-of-Sand-and-Steel_excerpt.pdf” title=”Plains of Sand and Steel_excerpt”]
Forced into marriage.Chosen by Fire.Determined to do what is right.Seren will do anything to protect her people. Even if it means hiding the body of their dead ruler and telling a lie that could lead her to a brutal end.As she struggles to accept her role as leader and fails to resist a mercenary she isn’t allowed to love, an army falls on her city. Seren fights to protect her friends—the only family she has left—but her newfound power turns a possible victory in to a storm of chaos.
Make sure to grab the companion novels in the Uncommon World Series!
Award-winning author Alisha Klapheke wants to infuse your life with unique magic, far-flung fantasy settings, and romance. Her inspiration springs from medieval art and artifacts, the world travel she enjoys with her husband, and the fantasy she grew up reading when she was supposed to be doing her math homework.
When she’s not writing, Alisha teaches Thai kickboxing, Brazilian jiu jitsu, and krav maga at her family’s dojo just outside of Nashville. That may be why writing fight scenes is her favorite.
Kathleen Rushall of Andrea Brown Literary Agency represents Alisha in all things books.
1 winner will receive signed paperbacks of WATERS OF SALT AND SIN, FEVER, and PLAINS OF SAND AND STEEL & Swag (Stickers & A Signed Map), AND Paperbacks of AIR AWAKENS by Elise Kova & FIRST YEAR by Rachel E. Carter, US Only.
3 winners will receive eBooks of WATERS OF SALT AND SIN, FEVER, and PLAINS OF SAND AND STEEL, International.
- 6/5/2017- MNBernard Books– Interview
- 6/5/2017- Pooled Ink– Review
- 6/6/2017- The Autumn Bookshelf– Review
- 6/6/2017- Rachel’s Book Reviews– Review
- 6/7/2017- Novel Novice– Excerpt
- 6/7/2017- Hooked To Books– Review
- 6/8/2017- Taking It One Book at a Time– Review
- 6/8/2017- Bibliobibuli YA– Review
- 6/9/2017- Wandering Bark Books– Excerpt
- 6/9/2017- PC Book Reviews– Guest Post
- 6/12/2017- Fiction Fare– Guest Post
- 6/12/2017- What the Cat Read– Review
- 6/13/2017- Two Chicks on Books– Interview
- 6/13/2017- Why I Read– Review
- 6/14/2017- Booklove– Review
- 6/14/2017- Just Another Bookaholic– Spotlight
- 6/15/2017- Crystal’s Chaotic Confessions– Excerpt
- 6/15/2017- BookHounds YA– Review
- 6/16/2017- BookBriefs– Review
- 6/16/2017- Page Turners Blog– Review