This month marks seven years since Novel Novice first debuted on the interwebs — and my goodness, how time flies! January 12th is the actual date this little blog went live back in 2010, although my blogging history dates back a few years more than that, to 2008, when our original site Novel Novice Twilight got its start as a place featuring ways to incorporate the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer into the classroom.
I’ve been blogging about books in some form now for almost ten years. Holy moly. It’s weird to think back on how much my life has changed in those ten years. Ten years ago …
- I was working as a producer in morning TV news, so I worked graveyard shift
- I was single
- I lived alone in a condo I had purchased right out of college (which, let’s be honest, was actually pretty great)
And today …
- I work with my dad in our family business
- I’m (happily) married
- My husband & I live together in a house we bought a couple years ago
- And I even have an entire room dedicated to all my books! Yes, my own little library room.
- I’m an auntie! I have a seven-year-old nephew and an 18-month-old niece, and both of them love books.
I loved my life then, and I love my life now — but it’s definitely become a much busier life for me, so it’s harder to squeeze in time for reading and blogging. I make it happen, but my ability to read and blog as much as I did ten years ago has certainly diminished. And if you’ve been a long-time blog follower, I’m sure you’ve noticed the changes in my blogging habits as a result of those life changes.
I’m sure things will continue changing even more as time marches on. But then, that’s life, isn’t it?
Still, I love this little blog and my blogging buddies and (for the most part) the blogging community. I’ve made some incredible friendships as a result of blogging & I don’t know what I’d do without all those wonderful people who’ve come into my life because of it!
So this year’s anniversary is a celebration of all the good that has come from Novel Novice!
That prize pack includes:
- ARC of Traveler by L.E. Delano
- ARC of Lifers by M.A. Griffin
- ARC of Confessions of a High School Disaster by Emma Chastain
- ARC of Exo by Fonda Lee
- Samplers of Strange the Dreamer, The Diabolic, Tales of the Peculiar, Something in Between, Carve the Mark, and more
- Plus assorted bookmarks, stickers, tattoos, buttons, activity books, and an Unexpected Everything pouch
There will be ONE lucky winner who takes home the entire prize pack. Contest is open to the U.S. only, and is open through midnight (PT) on Wednesday, January 25th.
To enter, tell us below – in detail – what you love most about Novel Novice! Please be specific and show that you’re a true Novel Novice fan. (If you’re just a casual contest fan and do not regularly visit this blog, please move along! This contest is truly meant to reward and thank our regular followers.)
Then complete the Rafflecopter form to complete your entry and earn more chances to win!