Today I am SO excited to be hosting a stop on the official blog tour for Truly Madly Famously by Rebecca Serle, the sequel to Famous in Love. I ADORE this series, and recently devoured my copy of Truly Madly Famously –which officially hits stores tomorrow, and you’ll want to pick up a copy ASAP. For today’s blog tour, we have an exclusive Q&A with Rebecca, plus your chance to win one of TEN copies of her new book! So be sure to keep reading for all the details.
Paige and Rainer came pretty simultaneously, although in the original draft Rainer’s name was Halden– weird, I know! Jordan stumbled onto the scene fairly soon after and the trio was complete. Famous in Love wasn’t originally intended to be a love triangle, if you can believe it, but Jordan was so compelling I knew Paige, like me, would be torn.
Pick a love triangle: Bella/Edward/Jacob, Katniss/Peeta/Gale, or Stefan/Damon/Elena?
Stefan/Damon and Elena 4-EVA! Although these days I’m riding the Steroline (Stefan/Caroline) train hard. I have been a fan of TVD since the beginning—- and had the honor of writing recaps for Vulture for many years. That show has a special place in my heart.
Book-to-screen adaptation coming up that you can’t wait to see?
I’m always eager to see what my friends Michael Weber and Scott Neustadter pull out. (They did The Fault in Our Stars, Paoer Towns, and the adaptation of my first book, When You Were Mine, Rosaline). They’re working on Looking for Alaska now as well as Rules of Civility– loved loved that book! I’m a huge Divergent fan, as well, so count me there opening night.
A FAMOUS IN LOVE movie adaptation: dream come true, or too meta?
Haha well it better be a dream come true because it’s happening! Marlene King (of Pretty Little Liars) and I co-created the TV series, Famous in Love, for ABC Family. Bella Thorne is playing Paige Townsen! I’m currently living in LA as we speak…
Favorite movie theater snack(s)?
Well I’m allergic to wheat so I guess Twizzlers– which is frustrating, because I think I would actually love Twizzlers if I could eat them!
Movie date night: new release in theaters or a rental at home?
Oh, it depends. I love a cozy night in but if it’s something I’m really, really eager to see I won’t wait. For instance I just saw the new Nancy Meyers– The Intern— opening day. Loved it.
Job you’d most want to have on a movie set?
I’ll take writer, please!
Anything from Something’s Gotta Give. The beach house, maybe? 😉
5 things you want readers to know about TRULY MADLY FAMOUSLY?
1) It’s a really really fun ride. We get to see Paige, Rainer and Jordan be legitimately FAMOUS.
2) It’s romantic. I never want the romance to drive this series entirely, but Paige definitely has some very key moments with both her boys in this one— and they get pretty steamy.
3) LA! I’ve been semi bicoastal for awhile and it’s fun to explore Los Angeles in a book. I had a wonderful time leading readers through New York in my second novel, The Edge of Falling, and to get to do it with LA is super fun.
4) New characters! I think you’ll probably recognize a few people who pop up in Truly Madly but my favorite new character we’re introduced to is Alexis– who, btw, has a huge role in the TV series.
5) You’ll get an ending. I’m not saying this series is over– in many ways, it’s just beginning— but I think readers will be satisfied with the ending Truly Madly provides.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
In this romantic sequel to Famous in Love, new Hollywood “It Girl” Paige must navigate love with her co-stars, both on and off screen and all in the public eye.
Lights, camera, love!
After being plucked from obscurity, Hollywood’s newest starlet, Paige Townsen, has a hit film to her name and Rainer Devon on her arm. But being half of the world’s most famous couple comes with a price, and soon Paige finds herself dodging photographers; hiding her feelings for her other costar, Jordan Wilder; and navigating tabloid scandals that threaten to tear her and Rainer apart-and end her career as quickly as it began.
Rebecca Serle’s sequel to Famous in Love is filled with the kind of celebrity drama and swoon-worthy romance fit for the silver screen.
Fill out the Rafflecopter form HERE to enter to win one of 10 copies of Truly Madly Famously, courtesy of Little Brown. U.S. only.