Today we’re bringing you some essay and project ideas for using Poison by Bridget Zinn in the classroom. Be sure to add your own suggestions in the comments below!
- Study the elements of a classic fairy tale, and examine how these elements are used throughout Poison
- Discuss how Poison uses elements of a classic fairy tale, while also breaking the rules of classic fairy tales
- Study the history of poisons, and discuss some practical poisons that Kyra might have actually learned how to use.
- Bridget Zinn passed away before she could write a sequel to Poison. Draft up an outline of what you think would happen in the sequel — or even write your own sequel.
- Cover model Shanna Grace described an intricate 12-piece costume she wore for the photo shoot. Create your own version of Kyra’s costume, and explain how you made it.
- Rosie the pig is oh-so-cute. Make your own version of Rosie – get crafty!
- Draw your own version of a map of the Kingdom of Mohr
- Read up about the life of Bridget Zinn, and help continue her legacy by spreading the word about Poison: write a book report for school; donate a copy to your local library or a local charity; gift a copy to friends or family.
For the comments: Share even more ideas for using Poison in the classroom!