All month long we’re featuring Middle Grade March, the best of Middle Grade fiction. And to celebrate, we’ve got a TON of awesome MG books to give away. We’re super excited about these prizes, and we’ll be giving them to a bunch of winners. So keep reading to learn how to enter and what you can win!
This is another writing contest, but you have two choices on how to enter!
OPTION A: Try your hand at writing middle grade. Write a short story or part of a novel, and submit a 250-500 word excerpt. Remember, Middle Grade fiction is generally targeted towards readers ages 8-12, so consider your audience when writing.
OPTION B: If you don’t feel up to creative writing, then tell us in 150-300 words about your favorite middle grade book or series from your childhood. What still stands out to you now? What books do you remember adoring when you were 8-12?
Submit your entries using the Novel Novice Middle Grade March Contest Entry Form!
A total of five (5) winners will be chosen.
One grand-prize winner will receive:
- all three books in the Archer Legacy trilogy by Richard Newsome
- Neversink by Barry Wolverton
- Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
- All with signed bookplates courtesy of Walden Pond Press!
One second-place winner will receive:
- Beyonders #1 and 2: A World Without Heroes and Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull
- The Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards
- The Accidental Hero by Matt Myklusch
Three runners-up will receive one of the following:
- Dork Diaries #3: Tales from a Not-so-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renee Russell
- Doctor Proctor’s Fart Powder by Jo Nesbo
- Commercial Breaks by P.G. Kain
- U.S. only
- One entry per person
- Use the entry form
- Use proper grammar & spelling
All entries are due by midnight (PT) on Saturday, March 31st.
Questions? Leave ’em in the comments & we’ll reply!