You can also see this trailer during the Super Bowl Pre-Game show on Sunday. Also for fans of The Hunger Games: contests; lots of them. Win tickets to the premiere. And brand spankin’ new merchandise. (Which may or may not be part of a special Hunger Games movie countdown giveaway coming next month …)
* The film rights to John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars have been optioned by Fox 2000. So far, I’ve seen mixed responses from fans about this news. It would be great to see the story on the big screen … BUT, what if they screw it up? What do you think?
* Speaking of movie adaptations … the big screen version of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl has nabbed its first cast member: Viola Davis as Amma!
* The CW has ordered a pilot for a new TV show based on The Selection by Kiera Cass, which will be released later this year.
* The trailer for Holly Black’s Black Heart was also released this week at Hollywood Crush! I can’t wait for this book — and it will be our April book of the month!
* Maggie Stiefvater finally announced her new series — known on Twitter as MagicalNovel, here’s the news from Scholastic about The Raven Boys:
Filled with mystery, romance, and the supernatural, The Raven Boys introduces readers to Richard “Dick” Campbell Gansey, III and Blue Sargent. Gansey has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on the hunt to find Glendower, a vanished Welsh king. Legend has it that the first person to find him will be granted a wish—either by seeing him open his eyes, or by cutting out his heart. Blue Sargent, the daughter of the town psychic in Henrietta, Virginia, has been told for as long as she can remember that if she ever kisses her true love, he will die. But she is too practical to believe in things like true love. Her policy is to stay away from the rich boys at the prestigious Aglionby Academy. The boys there—known as Raven Boys—can only mean trouble. When Gansey and his Raven Boy friends come into her life, Blue realizes how true this is. She never thought her fortune would be a problem. But now she’s not so sure.
Exciting, no? It’s the first in a four-book series. Book one is out in October!
* And finally, the ladies of The Hillywood Show have released their Breaking Dawn: Part 1 Parody: