We’re nearing the end of our countdown to Dark Eden by Patrick Carman, but we still have a few tricks (and treats!) up our sleeve. Since Halloween weekend is upon us, and Halloween is on Monday (the same day Dark Eden hits stores) — we asked Patrick to share his spooky playlist.
After you check out Patrick’s tunes, keep reading for a cool contest!
Patrick Carman’s Top 5 Playlist for Halloween
1. Pink Floyd, The Wall. The entire album. Not only is it brilliant, it’s haunting. And after you listen you can go watch the movie, which will very-nearly melt your brain.
2. Green Day, American Idiot, entire album – because it will put you in a party mood, but you’ll be cynical about it, which feels oddly Halloween to me. And nobody drops an f-bomb like Billie Joe Armstrong. Halloween benefits from bad language beautifully said.
3. Michael Jackson, Thriller – it’s 23 minutes of 80’s bliss. And it will make you want to memorize a silly dance and do it in front of your friends. Perfect for Halloween.
4. Monster Mash – only because it’s such a total Halloween classic and I when I was a kid it was huge. It was like the only Halloween song.
5. Mix CD. Include one track from each artist, play at high volume, smile a lot: Ozzy, Zep, Def Leopard, M&M (dark but scary talented), Ronnie James Dio, two tracks of Iron Maiden (because truly, they are the ultimate Halloween band), Motley Crue, end with one B-52’s track in order to lift your dark mood.
Dark Eden Halloween Contest
Now it’s your turn to win some cool prizes, which Patrick and his minions sent for us to share with you! Here are the deets:
Fill out the Novel Novice + Dark Eden Contest Entry Form, and tell us what you’re afraid of for your chance to win!
One grand-prize winner will receive a Dark Eden t-shirt (size M), a Dark Eden lanyard, a Dark Eden fear test CD, and a copy of 3:15 – Things That Go Bump in the Night
Nine (9) other winners will each receive a Dark Eden fear test CD
- U.S. only
- One entry per person
- Use the entry form
All entries are due by midnight (PT) on Halloween – that’s Monday, October 31st
Leave ’em in the comments & we’ll reply!
Great giveaway! Thanks for the opportunity! I love the Halloween playlist, too. Great songs to get into the Halloween mindset. 🙂
awesome giveaway – I’m most afraid of not winning this contest!!!
Never reaching my full potential or my half potential or my 1/3 potential.
countdown to dark eden halloween playlist
i WOULD LIKE TO WIN
I would love to win and read this book. I am afraid of a couple of things. I am scared of heights. I am also scared of mice and rats. They just gross me out. I also love/hate scary movies. I hate to be scared, but can’t resist watching them.
Thanks for the giveaway and the chance to win.