Today is a very exciting day for our May Book of the Month series, as it is the release day for the second book in the series — Still Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley!
To celebrate, we’ll be bringing you our reviews of the book later today. But first, check out the official synopsis below to learn more:
1. My parents and the stupid Vampire Council are still ruining my life unlife? death (ugh, whatever).
2. Not only did they make me fake my death and funeral (I didn’t even get to go!), but I had to leave behind my BFF Serena and move. Really far away.
3. Meanwhile my boyfriend George is off “reconnecting with his parents” in Brazil. Land of beaches, bikini babes, and the biggest party in the world. He’s probably going “Mina, who?”
4. Grady asked me to Homecoming and won’t take no for an answer.
5. Did I mention cute but oh-so-complicated Cameron, the only other bloodsucking teen in town? That’s because I’m trying not to think about him, thank you very much.
6. And ugh, Raven. Is she seriously stalking Serena?
7. But the absolute worst thing is that here I am, some all-powerful (ha), all-knowing (yeah, right), in-control (totally not) vampire and my parents still get to dictate everything I do.
You can also read an excerpt from Chapter 1 online at Kimberly’s website!
Need to refresh your memory about what happened in the first book, Sucks to Be Me? Check out the book trailer below:
There are also some AWESOME contests going on right now for Still Sucks to Be Me … check ’em out:
- Novel Novice’s “Why it Sucks to Be Me” Contest … Tell us why it sucks to be you, and you could win a set of Sucks to Be Me and Still Sucks to Be Me, both in hardcover.
- Kimberly’s Epic Still Sucks to Be Me Launch Contest … Lots of amazing prizes here. Check out Kimberly’s website for details.
- YABC’s Still Sucks to Be Me Contest