Today marks the beginning of our countdown to Linger by Maggie Stiefvater … the book is due out in stores July 20th, but we’ll be spending every Saturday until then counting down to the book’s release. And when the big release day is just one week away, our countdown kicks into high gear with daily posts! We have some really exciting stuff planned, and we’re kicking things off in a big way!
Yes folks, we’ve got our hands on an extra Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of Linger.
And we’re giving this copy away to one of you lucky people!!
So, how can you win? Since this is such a cool prize — and frankly, one that a lot of people want to get their hands on — you have to prove you’re really in it to win it. Check out the details:
How to Enter:
There are a number of ways you can enter the contest, and each way will earn you points. The more points you earn, the better your chances of winning! Here’s how you can earn points:
+1 point each:
* Follow Novel Novice on Twitter
* Re-Tweet this contest
* Become a fan of Novel Novice on Facebook
* Subscribe to Novel Novice via e-mail (see button in left-hand sidebar)
* post a link to this contest on your website or blog
+5 points each:
* Tell your teacher about our contest; have them e-mail us to prove you told them! E-mails should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line LINGER
* This is the big one … in 250-500 words tell us:
What makes you shiver?
* E-mail your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line LINGER
Be sure to keep track of all your points, and e-mail us a final total. We’ll be checking to make sure you really earned them.
One first-place winner will receive an advance copy of Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, along with a Novel Novice bookmark
One second-place winner will receive a copy of Maggie Stiefvater’s Ballad, along with a Novel Novice bookmark
Rules & Guidelines:
- Please keep track of all the various ways you’ve earned points
- Remember, we’ll be double-checking to make sure you followed the rules
- Be sure to include links & attach photos/files where appropriate, to prove you’ve earned your points
- If applicable, include your Twitter handle, e-mail address & Facebook user name — so we can keep track of your entries!
- If you want your teacher to e-mail us for points, be sure they send it to this address: email@example.com … ask them to use the subject line LINGER
Prize can only be mailed to addresses in the U.S.
All entries are due by midnight (PT) on Saturday, May 22nd.
Please e-mail your total point tallies (along with any required links, photos, file, etc. for proof) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. (NOTE: It’s best to send one e-mail, because that makes it easier for us to tally all your points!)
We’ve also created a Linger ARC giveawayGoogle Docs form you can use, if you prefer.
Questions? Leave ’em in the comments & we’ll reply!
– – –
Remember: ARCs are NOT for sale. They are a privilege for reviewers, bloggers & fans … they are NOT a right, and it is illegal to sell them or try to profit off of them. To learn more, check out the Respect ARCs Campaign from our friends at Behind Yellow Eyes, a pretty awesome fansite for Maggie’s Wolves of Mercy Falls series.