Do you have what it takes to spook, scare, shock? We want you to try your hand at writing a scary story for our Haunted Reads writing contest!
With Halloween in mind, write a story that is: scary, spooky, or just plain creepy! You can write something that’s traditional horror, or something a little different. Just make sure it gives us a shiver down our spine!
And you’ve got to get the chills on in 100-250 words. That’s right, this is a flash fiction contest! Make it short, sweet, and spooky.
To enter, submit your piece of flash fiction on the Novel Novice Haunted Reads Writing Contest Entry Form.
Up to ten (yes, 10!) winners will receive one of the following books:
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry
- Stranger with My Face by Lois Duncan
- Croak by Gina Damico
- Dead is a Battlefield by Marlene Perez
- Scary School: Monsters on the March by Derek the Ghost
- Invisible Inkling by Emily Jenkins
- The Whispering House by Rebecca Wade
- Gravediggers: Mountain of Bones by Christopher Krovatin
- Always October by Bruce Coville
(Please note: we reserve the right to award fewer prizes based on the quality of entries received.)
- One (1) entry per person
- U.S. only
- Use the entry form
- Entries should be between 100-250 words (no more, no less!)
- Use proper grammar & spelling
All entries are due by midnight (PT) on Wednesday, October 31st.
Questions: Leave ‘em in the comments & we’ll reply!