Like, WHOA, on the YA movie adaptation news this week … we round-up highlights from the past week in YA-related news!
* We are SO delighted to hear that 20th Century Fox has optioned the film rights to Myra McEntire’s Hourglass. We love Myra & Hourglass! And our friends at TheFabLife have already gotten a jump on discussing fantasy casting choices.
* Speaking of Myra, the cover for her upcoming sequel Timepiece has been leaked, and while we’re not a fan of leaks, we’re still a bit excited because … well … the cover is gorgeous:
* Back to movie news. Speaking of film rights … Warner Bros. announced this week that it has snatched up the rights to The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater! Congrats Maggie … and you know, good news for us!!!
* LOTS of exciting stuff from the Twilight Saga realm, as we near the Nov. 18th release of Breaking Dawn: Part 1. Here are a few highlights, but we recommend following the Twilight Examiner and the Twilight Lexicon for all the latest and greatest news in that fandom! As one highlight, here’s a short clip from the honeymoon scene:
We also love the music video debut for Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years,” one of the songs off the official Breaking Dawn: Part 1 soundtrack:
And check out these awesome new still images from the wedding scene!
* Also from our friends at Summit Entertainment … it seems their adaptation of Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion has been given a release date of August 10, 2012 — just one day after my birthday! Woo! Happy Birthday, to meeeee!
* If you’ve been on the blog this past week, you know we’ve been counting down to Monday’s release of Dark Eden by Patrick Carman. Now check out this fun new image of the book’s main characters:
* The latest book in the House of Night series, Destined by PC & Kristin Cast hit stores earlier this week! Here’s the official book trailer:
For the comments: Any news we missed? Share it in the comments below!