* First things first. Perhaps the most epic movie trailer to ever hit the web … the new trailer for Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is here. And it will give you chills:
* This week, Lionsgate finally confirmed this exciting Hunger Games casting news: Elizabeth Banks will be playing Effie Trinket!
It’s official! On Thursday, Lionsgate announced that it had cast actress Elizabeth Banks in the role of Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games. Long-rumored (and hinted at earlier in the day on Twitter), the news should come as no surprise to fans of the series.
* Awesome, amazing news from the world of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn this week, starting with a preview of EW‘s ucpoming cover story and some amazing new still images:
Fans have waited years to see Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) tie the knot, and the wedding scene, scheduled for the end of production on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, proved to be equally climactic for those involved. “It was one of the coolest things that I’ve done,” says Stewart. “There was a certain point when I walked on set, and I saw everyone from the entire cast sitting there in the pews, about to do their bit. And it was just so perfect for me in that moment. It was so emotional in such a real way. I literally felt like thanking them for coming.”
Read the rest of the article on EW.com! And here are more awesome pics:
* And speaking of Breaking Dawn, some more amazing new still images from the movie have been released to People Magazine:
* The Twilight Examiner also has details on recent reshoots for Breaking Dawn, along with a video slideshow of photos from the filming (including some steamy shots of Kristen Stewart as Bella & Robert Pattinson as Edward as they frolick and canoodle in the waves!)
* Speaking of books turned into movies, we are SO excited about The Perks of Being a Wallflower — which starts filming soon. (In fact, author Stephen Chbosky also wrote the screenplay AND is directing the movie!) MTV’s Hollywood Crush chatted with Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev this week about Perks, in which she plays Candace (the main character’s older sister).
* The amazing Vivien of Hebel Designs has unveiled her new Curse Workers Shop, with some gorgeous jewelry pieces inspired by Holly Black’s White Cat and Red Glove. Holly actually brought me the Transformation Charm when I met her earlier this month (thank you!!!!) and it’s absolutely fabulous. Also be sure to check out Vivien’s Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices Shop for great stuff inspired by Cassie Clare’s books! (Honestly, I wish I could own one of everything from her shop — it’s all THAT gorgeous!)
* And the always fabulous Elizabeth Eulberg finally announced details about her upcoming third book:
Take a Bow will be coming out in Spring 2012 from Point/Scholastic. The inspiration came from my love of music as a child and my obsession with performing arts high schools. I blame the movie Fame – the original – for my assumption growing up that high school kids regularly broke into song during lunch. I truly believe the world would be a better place if we lived in a musical. Have an issue? Dance it out! [...]
Take a Bow takes place at the (fictional) New York City School of the Creative and Performing Arts and follows four students — trusting (and a little naïve) Emme, diva-in-training Sophie, reluctant frontman Ethan, and former child star Carter — as they prepare for the Senior Showcase recital, where recruits from colleges, dance academies, etc. scope out the graduating class. With the competition heating up, there is plenty of drama and backstabbing with a little humor and romance thrown in. After all, this IS high school.
* And check out the amazing trailers for Harper Teen’s Dark Days of Summer Tour and the trailer for Die For Me by Amy Plum: