* Producers for The Hunger Games movie say it will likely be released in 2012. Details via Hunger Games Examiner.
* More from The Hunger Games movie includes word that Gary Ross is in talks to direct.
* Kaleb Nation debuted the new trailer for his upcoming book Bran Hambric: The Specter Key:
* Speaking of book trailers, Balzer+Bray released the trailer for this upcoming dystopian YA thriller, The Unidentified by Rae Mariz:
Here’s more about the book itself, which sounds awesome:
Fifteen-year-old Katey (aka Kid) goes to school in the Game—a mall converted into a “school” run by corporate sponsors. As the students play their way through the levels, they are also creating products and being used for market research by the sponsors, who are watching them 24/7 on video cameras.
Kid has a vague sense of unease but doesn’t question this existence until one day she witnesses a shocking anticorporate prank. She follows the clues to uncover the identities of the people behind it and discovers an anonymous group that calls itself the Unidentified. Intrigued by their counterculture ideas and enigmatic leader, Kid is drawn into the group. But when the Unidentified’s pranks and even Kid’s own identity are co-opted by the sponsors, Kid decides to do something bigger—something that could change the Game forever.
* The Smart Chicks Kick It Tour kicked off this week … get info on the latest tour stops online.
* And a reminder: You’ve got until midnight (PT) on Sunday to enter our Zombies vs. Unicorns Contest! Three winners get an awesome ZvU prize pack, including a finished copy of the book!
For the comments: This is just a sampling of news from the YA world. What headlines did you hear about?